DuFrene Family

DuFrene Family
Such a beautiful family!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 20 & 21

Sorry about not posting a blog message yesterday, I had to leave Orange County and make the long drive home to Northern Cal.  It was so hard leaving Kristine, but I know she is in good hands with my parents still there, the oncology nurses and of course, Dave at her side. 

The neupogen injections Kristine has been receiving are starting to make her bones ache.  Dr. Jacoub informed her this was likely and would be uncomfortable.  The fighter Kristine is, she takes it all in stride in hopes that she will defeat her leukemia.  Overall, Kristine is feeling pretty good and is in good spirits. 

I think the most difficult aspect of what Kristine has been enduring throughout this ordeal has been missing her babies.  Nevermind the tummy issues, the headaches, the hairloss -- the heartache from being without her children is almost unbearable. 

Thankfully, Kristine was able to have a quick visit with Kahlen today and had a visit with Logan a few days ago.  Although, it is torture not to be able to touch or hold them, she is grateful she is at least able to see them in person.  Saying bye to Mommy is very difficult for Kahlen though.  It bring tears to my eyes just trying to type this as I've witnessed her kicking and screaming saying, "No, no, no!"

OK, I've pulled it together...  as you can see from the new photos, Kristine's hair just keeps falling out.  So she's requested my mom shear off what's left.  Her head is tender from the hairloss, which is normal, so hopefully once it is all gone, it won't be as sensitive and uncomfortable.

Kristine and Dave are researching the potential medical facilities that Kristine will eventually transfer to for evaluation and hopefully treatment for a bone marrow transplant.  They are looking at the City of Hope Medical Center and the UCLA Ronald Reagan Cancer Center.  If anyone has any referrals they'd like to provide, please do so by making a comment below.

Well, that's all I have for now.  Please keep praying for Kristine!

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey, I'm sure it was hard to say good bye to your baby, but I know you will beat this thing! You are strong! Fight fight fight! Love you and we are still praying!

    Jim and April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I believe that City of Hope is an awesome hospital. My father was there when he was sick.
    Hang in there Kristine!!

    ReplyDelete