DuFrene Family

DuFrene Family
Such a beautiful family!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 42 - April 10, 2011

Today Kristine had to receive a blood transfusion.  Her hemoglobin and potassium were low.  Whenever she receives a blood transfusion, she is given Benadryl just in case she has any type of allergic reaction.  As with most people, Benadryl knocks Kristine out.  So she had a good nap only to wake up feeling awful.  The chemo is really starting to effect her.  My sister, Kathy, and I were talking with her via Skype tonight.  It is really difficult to see someone you love suffering so much.  My heart just breaks when I see her like this.  Her smile is gone.  Her lips and face are pale.  Her spirit seems dampened.  My only reprieve is that I know this is temporary.  I know she has the strength to push through this, but these moments of suffering are unbearable to witness. 

On a lighter note, our mom is not leaving Thursday, thank goodness!  I think the fact that I got sick and am unable to take over for her made her realize she cannot leave just yet.  So she is going to stay until Kristine recovers from her chemo.  I feel bad that I am not able to help out as planned.  I know our mom is stressed out and has been working so hard caring for Kristine and helping Dave care for the kids along with Dave's dad and brother.  Like Kristine, our mom is such a strong person but under these difficult circumstances, even the strongest show signs of vulnerability.  I think it is even more difficult for our mom to see her youngest daughter suffering through her chemo treatment.  I hope to fully recover quickly so I can at least allow our mom to get some much needed rest.

I'd like to ask all our prayer warriors to say a few prayers for Kristine.  Pray the ugly side effects of chemo steer clear of Kristine or at least be less severe than last time.  Pray that Kristine feels well enough to attend her scheduled meeting with Dr. Paquette at UCLA RRCC on Wednesday morning.  Pray that the chemo does its job and kills the leukemia cells!  And please say a little prayer for our mom to stay strong and healthy, Kristine needs her.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment