DuFrene Family

DuFrene Family
Such a beautiful family!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 51 - April 19, 2011

Kristine just had her bone marrow biopsy.  This is the first time I've seen her cry since this whole nightmare began.  Oh, how I wish I were there with her now!  Dr. Jacoub, who has a wonderful, non-painful technique when extracting the marrow, was not available to do Kristine's biopsy this morning so another doctor had to do it.  It's the same doctor that did her very first biopsy when she was admitted into the hospital and she remembered how painful that one was.  This time it was even MORE painful.  I told her, with everything she has been through, to see if she can request Dr. Jacoub do any future biopsies.  She's been through enough pain and suffering, there's no need for more if it can be avoided, right?  I'm sure Dave will talk to Dr. Jacoub and make the request.

On a different note, Kristine's heartburn is gone for now.  However, the chest pains are back.  They gave her a Percoset for the pain and it has helped.  She's still on the liquid diet, but really has an appetite today.  She'd really like to try eating solid food.  She's waiting for Dr. Nassir (Internal Medicine) to make his rounds to find out if she can go ahead and go back on solids.  Other than the chest pains, Kristine seems to be in better spirits now.  We've been skyping the entire time I've been writing today's blog.  Kristine and I skype all the time.  It's nice, feels like I'm there with her. 

Kristine asked me if I could post the website once again for those wishing to become a bone marrow donor.  Any of us could potentially be a match for someone in this nation suffering from leukemia or lymphoma.  Won't you please consider joining the registry and becoming a donor?  If so, please go to http://www.marrow.org/.

So now we wait...  I'll keep ya'll posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment